Simple Guide: How To Use Mistape
Mistape has proven to be convenient to operate and set-up for WordPress blogs. Its aim is simple: supply readers with a tool to notify website’s admin on typographical or any other writing mistakes found in content. In a word, readers’ brains and knowledge team-up to get rid of errors in your texts.
With Mistape blog readers are granted the way to assist an author, help him/her to improve the writing. That is, it boosts the level of communication, trust, and readership for your website. The great thing about the plugin is that it can be easily integrated into your blog.
Oh, it has to be underlined, Mistape is completely free, and you can start using it right now.
So, how do I use Mistape?
You can effortlessly download the plugin at the official WordPress plugin directory by following this link or search for it right from your website’s admin page.
After the installation of Mistape, you can choose the email address all notifications will be forwarded to, and it’s not necessarily the email of an admin or editor. You can choose any email you want to.
Using a well-known combination of “Ctrl+Enter”, readers can easily notify the person in charge of any writing mistakes.
You can customize the dialog mode by choosing one of three options:
- Only let a reader know on the successful submission.
- Show preview of error notification and ask for confirmation.
- Preview and comment field.
Notifications are emailed straight off.
Here is the summation of Mistape’s advantages:
- It’s easily set up for your WP website.
- You can start using Mistape right after the installation.
- If you want to change anything in its behavior, you’re welcome to tune any parameter of the plugin in the “Configuration” section.
- It is a plugin, no strings attached. You just get error notification emails from your readers. Point.
- You can remove outside references by making elementary adjustments in the “Configuration” section.
- Plugin supports spam protection.
- If you are into heavy customization, you have all the hooks you might need available.
- You can allow your users leave a comment for the highlighted fragment they report.